Monday, February 16, 2015

Julie's Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You


Author: Ally Carter
Series: Gallagher Girls #1
Publication Date: March 20, 2007
Publisher: Hyperion Paperbacks
Pages: 284
Obtained: gift from Jenn
Genre:  YA, Series
Rating: 3.5/5
Bottom Line: Cute, fun entry into a series I will continue to read
Grab, Just get it at the library, or Remove from your TBR list? Library
Summary: Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school-that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it's really a school for spies. Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she's an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real "pavement artist"-but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her? Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she's on her most dangerous mission-falling in love. ~powells.com  


Review: I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You came recommended from Jenn due to our love of the TV show ALIAS. After all it's how all of us on this blog came to be friends. I will say that it was a little too "cutesy" for me but Jenn assured me that the series grows more serious as the girls grow up. I'm happy to hear that because I really do like the characters.

Cammie Moran is a girl who is destined to live the life of a spy but first she just wants to be a "regular" girl. By regular, I mean she wants to go on a date and kiss a boy. As luck would have it as they begin their CovertOps class while on a mission she happens to meet a young, local boy named Josh. Unfortunately for Josh, he thinks she's a normal, home-schooled girl.

Cammie recruits her friends Bec and Liz to help her do reconnaissance on the boy and to help her sneak out of school at night to see him. I love the camaraderie with these girls. Cammie is an only child and these are her sisters. They always have each others backs and I'm hoping this will continue to occur during the entire series.  There is also the new girl, Macey and I'm interested to see how she continues to fit in throughout the series.

This isn't an edge of your seat spy book but rather it lays the foundation for the rest of the series. I loved how Ms. Carter described the mansion the girls live in. I would love to be there when the house of spies turns into a house for rich, privileged girls, how cool would that be to see secret compartments open and store some of the memorabilia?!

I will definitely keep reading the series and grabbing the next book when I'm in the mood for some spying. I also have Heist Society on my shelf to read too.


For more: Jenn's Review
.






 Share/BookmarkGoogle+

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Look at Julie, reading YA. Miracles do happen!!!